1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

price? horst snowwing

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Kirby ent, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Kirby ent

Kirby ent Member

I received a quote for the 3000 series snowwing 8-13. 9k for blade 4k for euro mount and 1k to install.
    14k seems like allot?

Thanks Mike

2. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

Not sure what it costs to ship out your way but I thought those were around 10K installed but I could be wrong. Haven't bought one in awhile.

3. dmax08

dmax08 Senior Member

That doent sound out of line. The quote i just recieved for the 4000 series was 2500 higher then yours.. 6 weeks out.

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Shipping from Listowel to you will be quite a bit, if that's included I'd say that's an alright price. Also does that include an electric over hydraulic valve on the blade? 1k to install is a little steep, I can't see it taking anymore then 4 hours to install.

5. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

If its on a tractor (loader arms), hydraulic is the only option...isn't it?

6. Kirby ent

Kirby ent Member

jd dave

jd
    Dealer was told by horst to set a full day aside for install. The dealer is pretty thorough so I think that yes everything is included. Horst told him I didn't need 3 mid remotes. Two mids for the raising and angling, then run the wings off the back remotes. Sound correct?

I will be going over the quote with dealer along with the JD 5105M I am very close to purchasing .

Mike

7. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

Good things don't come cheap. I've priced out a few different blades for this year and that sounds right in line with the type of quality product they make.

8. StratfordPusher

StratfordPusher Senior Member

Horst Swing Wing 10-16

Just waiting for my new swingwing to arrive, should be any day...... pricing... hope your sitting down...... $8250.00 Paid by Dec 01/09 and $750.00 for the extra valve as I already have 4 remotes on the front..... Install 1/2 day if that.... picking up blade myself also saved me 100.00 in shipping, Horst is only 40 minutes away... this will be my fifth blade from Horst and I still am running all the others.... great blades, you won't be disappointed with that buy.

Hope that helps

Al

9. StratfordPusher

StratfordPusher Senior Member

Shipping

Hey Mike, if you decide to proceed with the Horst let me know, have 3 customers who own trucking companys and ship out west every week, maybe able to save you a few bucks..

Goodluck, Al

10. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Just so you know any dealers cost is 20% off list and if the dealer early orders he might get up to 30% in some cases. Your blade really isn't any cheaper then his depending on size. The cost on a 1016 is a little over 7k but then you add shipping it can add up pretty quick. I think He is getting a fair price.

11. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Yes most guys use a loader joystick for raising and angleing and the 2 rears for the wings. I think your getting a fair deal. Horst ships there wagons and buckets all over North America so I'm sure they'll be pretty good on shipping also. If your worried about anything just call Horst directly and talk to Ryan.

12. Kirby ent

Kirby ent Member

Thanks for all the information guys.