1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Price for used Western

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by bnrhuffman, Aug 28, 2006.

1. bnrhuffman

bnrhuffman Member

Im looking at a used 6.5 Western with Unimount for a Jeep Wrangler. I havent actually seen the plow, I should be getting a couple pictures of it soon. Its 8 years old, all personal use, no commercial. Supposed to be in great shape, nothing wrong with it. Edge is in good shape, hoses and pump are excellent, little rust on moldboard, nothing bent, broken or welded. This is how it was described to me. Everything included in sale. Im not sure what kind of controller though.
    The seller ask me how much I was willing to go. I told him, best case scenerio, everything in great shape and working, very little rust, I would start at about half the price of a new one, $1700, and the price would go down from there depending on issues or problems that I find.
    I havent plow shopped in a couple years. Is this a good starting point? I havent heard back from the guy since I gave him my best price.

2. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

wow thats high for something 8 yrs old I think , maybe $800.00 go down from there my friend just picked up a used fisher 8 ft for 800.00 needs paint thats it just to give you a ball park price i sold my 8ft meyers from my old ford i got 700.00 for it 1700.00 i think is too much.

3. bnrhuffman

bnrhuffman Member

Ok, thanks. After I got thinking about it, it is pretty old. Maybe I'll see if I can nit pic it down. I really didnt want to spend that much on it but I figured if its in really good shape, it may be worth it, but its been awhile since I priced plows.

4. scuba875

scuba875 Senior Member

I am also looking at buying a used 2002 8' Pro Plow Ultra Mount. It has been in storage for about 3 seasons. The guy wants 2K for it. It came off a dodge and I have a ford so I would need to buy the wire harness and the truck side mounts. After looking on ebay I think its a little high. What do you guys think?

Thanks
    Pat

5. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

first of all you have to see it make sure he didnt screw anything up bent a frame or something second ask him if he used for personal use or commercial and check to if he cleaned, repainted it and 2k is not bad but because new ones are almost 5k but now you got to sell that mount and buy a new mount for your truck but 2k is not bad if you could get me pictures on here let me know i tell you what it is worth, also if he repainted it may have been used and abused but it depends if your going to use personally or comm to.

6. scuba875

scuba875 Senior Member

Thanks for the response

I know the guy and the reason it is sitting in storage is the truck was repoed. It has been sitting in another friends shop since he lost the truck. It still has all the decals on it and to tell you the truth the guy is lazy so I know he never painted it. I will take some pics and post them next week. It didn't seem like a bad price at first but after looking on ebay and seing some for around 1500. Of course those haven't met the reserve price yet so this could all be premature.

Thanks again
    Pat

7. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

If the truck was repoed does he have anything that was on the truck side?

8. scuba875

scuba875 Senior Member

He has the truck side brackets and the wire harness for the dodge. The problem is when his guys took it off the truck they cut the wires going to the head lights. They wouldn't do me any good anyways my truck is an 03 f250. I will sell the mounts on ebay I guess.