1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

PRICE FOR USED PLOW

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by SDF250, Jan 6, 2001.

1. SDF250

SDF250 Junior Member

1ST TIME POST ,LONG TIME READER. HOW MUCH SHOULD BE PAID FOR USED MEYERS 7.5 WITH E60,PUMP NO CONTROLS OR FRAME TO CONNECT TO TRUCK.IT HAS LIGHTS AND IS APPOX. 2-3 YEARS OLD LIGHT USE.

2. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

I wouldnt pay that much since controls and frame+wiring can add up to over 600 big ones easily.I would see exactly what is missing and deduct that amount+100 for stuff you dont think is missing,but later will find out is.subtract that from what a complete plow is worth,my guess is around 1500 for a meyer.So i'd pay about 7-800 max if you could get everything thats missing for 6-700.Wiring and controllers cost as much as frame push plates.If you have a SD 250-why woulf you want a wimpy 7.5 meyer?Put an 8 or 8.5 on that truck,a beefy one at that.That truck is heavy and will tear up the meyer pretty fast.

3. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

Buck two ninety eight.

If it's that used, missing that many parts - it isn't worth much.

Meyers ??

Worth-less.

4. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

pump is worth about 500.00 and blade is worth about 300.00, throw the lights in for free, and pay no more than 800.00.
    The lift frame and push mounts will cost at least 500.00 much, and the controller and wireing are close to 300.00.
    SO by time you are done, you will be close to 1800.00 for a total package. If I were I would buy a complete used unit, or a new system.
    Dino

5. blades

blades Junior Member

Dino,
    Controller and wiring for $300???
    I just priced a Meyer slick-stick for $38, and the wiring harness for $28.
    You must be talking about the electronic control pad, but even that is around $180.

6. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

I would just go and find a complete set up. It's not worth your time.I would also go with a 8ft blade for that truck.

7. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Dont forget the head light wiring kit.They dont give them away either.I bought a truck side kit for a western this season and it was about 300.00. MY guess is it will be about the same for a meyer. You have to add for a solenoid, relays,tap connectors,power cables, and misc connectors.
    Dino