1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Price for Commercial building?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by mexiking, Dec 21, 2007.

1. mexiking

mexiking Member
    from NJ

Just wondering what you guys would charge to plow this commercial building? I will be doing it at 1-3" 3-6" 6-9" etc... I will have to do the side walks and do salting. The previous guy was only doing the area where cars drive and not the parking spots ( even the empty ones ). I'm insured and doing it with a 2500 silverado 8' plow with a Snowblower guy and another guy with a shovel and putting salt. The lot has around 65 parking spaces.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 21, 2007
  2. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

45 minutes to plow it (1-3)
    the shovel guys should finish by then (probably quicker)

3. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

From the pict It looks like for your first tier trigger;

Shoveling and Blower ... you have 240 feet length and the widths looks like 8'. This will take you longer than plowing. Do you have a big snow blower? With each increase in snow your time will go up more dramatically than with plowing. Maybe 40 minutes for each tiering.

Plowing .... Where do you have to stack it? With a vee plow I'd say 25-35 minutes stacking in three places - add 10-15 minutes for a straight blade.

Salt ... that's per your cost and mark up, time will be 5-10 minutes.

Your charge is obviously a formula that considers; time, labor, material and what you think you want to make.

4. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

Cheap.

1-3 100-125
    3-6 175-200
    6-9 250-275

Salt 75 - 100
    Calcium 35

You wont need more than 300 lbs of salt for that lot,(probably less) and no more than a half hour to push it, do walks, and salt.

The price includes a return visit to clear spaces after hours. You have to go back and do free spaces or you'll look like an idiot.

Like the lasy guy.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2007
  5. mexiking

mexiking Member
    from NJ

thanks for replies i got it for $500 per push with sidewalks and salt...

6. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

:eek: Holy crap
    I realize NJ is more expensive than here, but not 3x to 5x more expensive.
    That's cool and I'm glad for ya, but someone is going to come in and take it from you for half that and still make money. JMHO

7. mexiking

mexiking Member
    from NJ

Well I hope not, They just dropped the other guy because he was doing a poor job cleaning. When I went to give the quote I noticed another 3 companies going to look at it... I'm sure they received another 5 quotes and got the best one.

8. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

Sure you did. lol Who owns the place. Your Dad?

9. kandklandscape0

kandklandscape0 Senior Member

$500 is way to much for that, I was thinking $175 for everything, still sounds pretty high... gosh I will come and bring a truck there and do it for $300 if youd like! $500 thats about a 200% profit, surely you wont be there for long my friend.

or was that just an emergency call since the other guy didnt show up?

10. scottL

Well how much is too much and how much covers his cost. What do you pay your shoveler and snow blower guy? How much do you target as a per hour for the plow?

Just guessing but, 25 - snow blower, 20 for the shoveler, 120 per hour per truck. That gives you 135. Then bump for each tiering of snow, other costs and your area dollar value. So maybe; 150 / 225 / 350 w/salt extra. ( add for PITA )

11. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

might want to black out the lat/lon on the bottom of the image next time. People can punch that number into google themselves and get the address. Now they know exactly what its being done for and can slash your throat.

12. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

Theres nothing PITA about that lot.
    I could plow that little deal with my eyes closed. Thats as easy as they come.

13. scottL

Wrong direction of applicable term. PITA could also mean the property owners are high maintenance ( no it does not mean they need lube and a filter ). PITA can be many, many things and is different for each account. It's what ever perceived or foreseen pain that may play a notable role.

14. camby1

camby1 Junior Member
    from nj

I used to do that place 5 years ago for $875 including salt for 2-6 inches of snow. Had to give it up because I moved. Does Shengs still own the
    building?

15. ironsales

ironsales Junior Member

IMO that actually priced under where it should be for NJ pricing. Should be more like what CAMBY was getting.

16. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

If the guys paying 500 a push, theres nothing high maintainence about him, and if there is....great!

I'd include a BJ with every push for 500.

lol

17. mexiking

mexiking Member
    from NJ

not sure, been dealing with robin for everything.

18. mexiking

mexiking Member
    from NJ

That's what I thought, I didn't think I was charging too much...

19. mexiking

mexiking Member
    from NJ

I was serious, My father and brother work with me so No...

20. mexiking

mexiking Member
    from NJ

I did do an emergency clean up today, but I'm doing the whole season and hopefully will do next year too...