1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Price for a new tornado

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by isldmgmt, Nov 29, 2007.

1. isldmgmt

isldmgmt Junior Member

I got a price of $3550 just want to know if that is a good price. I am in Long Island New York. Thanks for your help on this

2. tman3007

tman3007 Senior Member

Tornado

You might want to look into other spreaders before you commit to the Western Tornado. They've gotten some pretty bad reviews, our Western dealer here in Colorado Springs even told us not to get one when we asked about them. JMO

3. isldmgmt

isldmgmt Junior Member

tornado

thanks for the info what are some good ploy spreaders?

4. plowboy21

plowboy21 Member

snow ex, buyers/salt dog there probly going to be your top choices i went with the western 1000 tail gate cause i couldnt pass up te price but i think next year im gonna try to get the snow ex 6000 because i have a 6 foot bed

5. Bry@n

Bry@n Senior Member

There were a lot of issues with the Tornadoes. Guys stating they were full and couldn't get the load out of the hopper cause something went wrong...

I believe things were fixed but there were many mixed feelings last year.

That being said, I have heard a lot of godd things about SnowEx and Salt Dog

6. Runner

Runner Senior Member

Yes,..there were alot of belt slippage issues. A kit was sold (or given to purchasers) to repair this, but not sure how it worked out completely. There was someone on here that was just saying that it took care of their problem. I would like to presume they have cleared this up now, but how many of these are left over from last year? By the way, this spreader is manufactured by Fisher for Western. If you compare the two, you will see they are the exact same. Someone please correct me if I am wrong and it is vice-versa.

7. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

I have run my tornado with the upgrade kit 2 times already and great performance. With salt and salt/sand mix. Everything is good. Just put it up on 4x4s so it was easier to wash out. I would buy another. I have run about 6 tons thru mine already this year. I will try and post some pics. I think I paid $3800 last year begining of season. Over the summer they did my upgrade kit for me. This thing is easy in easy out. 2 men or 1 pissed of man can do it.