1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Price for a 88 f250 Old Meyers plow and a dump insert

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by IMoLwnz.com, Nov 16, 2005.

1. IMoLwnz.com

IMoLwnz.com Junior Member

Well what is an 88 with a meyer plow looks to be a 7.5 and the truck has a Bump insert that looks pretty good. Truck is an xl with 80 K and the paint is SHOT.... not much left but it was green... Truck does not have a solid axle does have front leaf. tires are good no dents in body

KBB shows about 2300 to 2800

the window is asking 5200.......... what would you offer?

2. mcfly89

mcfly89 Senior Member

i just paid $2200 for a rig in nearly exactly the same condition with a similar setup. the plow was in like new condition, but it didnt have a dump insert. it was also an 88 f-250 4x4 with crap paint.

3. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

$5200?! Forget that. I think you could do alot better going after something in the newspaper from a private owner. That's assuming this is a dealer lot that the truck is on.

4. IMoLwnz.com

IMoLwnz.com Junior Member

Ya well this is a Private guy....

Valve cover gaskets leek too.. bump insert is nice though its a Truck Craft

5. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

That's way high for that truck. A 93 - 94 maybe. The big thing is all the stuff that can go wrong if it's been a plow truck very long. You have to look at the front axle u joints, transfer case, what's rusted out underneath,what's leaking. What's the front brake rotors look like? A Ford will run down the road with a lot of partial system failures and the new owner soon finds them.
    Hence how my truck got the name "The Big Red Drain"