1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Price for 9'-2" vxt installed

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by zjm, Nov 22, 2010.

1. zjm

zjm Senior Member

Looking at the boss 9'-2" poly vxt for my truck got an estimate today installed with shoes and smart lock cylinders for$7495. Is this a fair price?.:help:
    I actually had one dealer in Poughkeepsie NY tell me that since he doesn't have it in stock he'd have to charge me an xtra $1000 just because he'd have to order it:laughing: Whats a good price for this plow installed?. I'm willing to travel a little bit to get a better price but to add a $1000 buks is ridiculous.

Tim

2. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

$5200-$5500 is what I'm seeing locally for that plow. For that kind of money your better off buying from Ebay or ESI and installing it yourself.

3. zjm

zjm Senior Member

Plowguy43,
    Your right
    I've been thinking about but im not that great with electrical things

Tim

4. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

The electrical is pretty basic. Very basic knowledge would get you through.

5. zjm

zjm Senior Member

Install price for steel 9-2 vxt $5658 / $4932 for plow/295 install + tax.
    Install Poly 9-2 vxt$6736 / $5928 for plow /295 install +tax. Both with hand held controller not sure if it includes smart lock cylinders though. Getting a little better.

6. zjm

zjm Senior Member

Has anyone installed one on a dodge before?

7. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

5300.00 w smartlocks is what we get for the 9.2 poly vxt

8. zjm

zjm Senior Member

Jim@ESI
    what does the rt3 stand for?
    I was just looking at your site and noticed the rt3 wasnt listed on the 9-2 vxt poly title. Is the one on your site an older model?.

Tim

9. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Im getting a 8.5 xv fisher for 5200 installed.....although i have the push plates and some wiring they can use already....7400 is crazy over priced....i got price like that also for a fisher...even with my push plates....You have to shop around....if i would go boss...i would def buy from jim at esi.....to me it would be worth a trip for him to install also

10. tom_khollman

tom_khollman Junior Member

I got mine installed with the smartlocks 9.2 poly vxt for $5275, over $7k is just crazy!

11. zjm

zjm Senior Member

Virginia is a long way for me to go just to get it installed
    Im leaning towards ESI based on price,just need to pm Jim to see what shipping to Long Island would be,hes @ $5300 +tax + shipping + insatll if i dont put it on myself. I just dont want to install it and screw something up electrically.Do i have to do any drilling on a dodge for install. Also i read in another post that if im putting timbrens in, to do it before the install to get the height right,wich i would never have thought of.These sites are so informative to say the least.

12. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

If you order from Jim I don't think there is tax. He is shipping out of state. The wiring is easy, if you get stuck someone here will help you.

13. zjm

zjm Senior Member

Waiting on a few other dealers to get back to me.
    I'm hoping to make a decision tomorrow.

CET,
    You wouldn't know if there is any drilling involved for the install on a dodge would ya?

Thanks Again.
    Tim

14. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

The last dodge I put a mount on was a 2000 and there was no drilling. But it wasn't a Boss. The frames are pretty thin and easy to drill.

I just bought a VXT from Jim. There was no drilling but I put it on a GMC. Try searching the Dodge thread.

15. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

16. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

If you have a 2004 Dodge, then there are a few holes to drill. Install is no biggie. I installed mine without any experience and it went fine........I learned tons from this site and that helped alot.

17. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

All of the boss plows are RT3 now....this is brand new stock

18. zjm

zjm Senior Member

Thanks CET and JIm @ ESI