1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Price for 200 feet of walkways ?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by cclandscape 28, Dec 9, 2009.

1. cclandscape 28

cclandscape 28 Member
    from CT

Hey guy's just got 3 new commerical lots but the driveways are all 70x50 easy but i never really do walkways . Each Lot has over 200 feet of walkways all 3 feet wide and mixed with handicap ramps ? Have plowed commerical before but never done walks. Wat are you guys getting for walks on an average the lots took me with 3 guys an hour a piece In the heavy wet snow today. And that was all done with shoveling and also included Sanding of the walks and the lots Any input would be great Thanks guys in advance
  2. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

Be fair to the customer. You just answered your own question. If each location took about an hour to shovel, then figure your costs, and put your mark-up on. That would be what the going rate for your company is anyhow.
  3. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

My question to you is...How do you get an account and NOT have a price..Figure out how much you want to get per man hour. Example...3 men x 3 hours and say you want $30 per man hour..That would be $270 for the walks plus salt..This is just an example..Figure out your costs to do this job...