1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Price Estimates

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Sea-Mac, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Sea-Mac

Sea-Mac Junior Member

Hello,
    I am in the process of trying to sell my plow. It has been quite some time I been in the snowplow game.
    I am wondering what might be a good asking price for a 1998 or 2000 (i forget) Western Uni-Mount Poly pro plow.
    It would include the frame and all controls and wires.
    It was mounted on a 93 Chevy Silverado.
    It was used lightly for the first two seasons after purchasing it new and has been stored in a garage since.
    It was involved in a minor accident and the frame is a little bent so it sits a touch cockeyed but is still operational and in great shape otherwise.
    So just curious as to what would be a good asking price from some that might have a better understanding than me on current prices. I believe I paid around $3,500 new.
    Thanks for any and all replies.

2. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

Do you have picutres? It might be worth more in scrap :laughing:

3. Sea-Mac

Sea-Mac Junior Member

4. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

Looks to be in good shape. Don't know if that mount will work for newer GM trucks though, and coming from a 17 year old truck limits your market. I'd say, $1500 o.b.o and take the first $1000 that shows at the door. Cab command controller makes it more desirable as well. What controller do you have?

5. Sea-Mac

Sea-Mac Junior Member

Thank you Sawboy.
    I had it listed at $1,500 for a day but the amount of responses I had to buy made me think otherwise.
    Here is a pic of the wires and the control i have.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 31, 2010