1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Price difference between a 8-10PP and a 860 SW?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by JustJeff, Oct 2, 2009.

1. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

I'm looking at getting one of these two plows and would like to know the approximate price differences between the two plows, and other opinions on these two. I know that a PP can do the same things that a SW can, but it takes a couple of more buttons to use it. And a SW can be easier to use, but is smaller than the PP.

You guys that own either of the two, could you give me your opinions on them vs. the other one here I mentioned that you don't have? Thanks boys1

2. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

What are you plowing? If you do just parking lots the speedwing is great. If you do anything with a drive thru or some drive the PP give you a bit more versatility. Both are great plows the SW will save you maybe a grand.

3. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

If you can afford it, go with the power plow. They are so much more versatile in every way. I struggled with the same thing when buying another plow this year, but I came to my senses and bought another 810. From backdragging docks, to being "just the right width" in a driveway, to being able to quickly suck a wing in and pop it back out around an obstacle, the power plow is just so much more versatile.

4. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

I've been running blizzard snince 03 and started with the 810. Now have the 860 sw and love it. It back drags fine and has alot less to go wrong IMO. My next plow will hands down be the speed wing !!!

, shaun

5. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

1000 bucks is the difference i sell them for agree alot less goes wrong with the sw but the 810 is more versatile and depends on preference. We have them both in the fleet and use is acording to the operator and job some cant figure out all of the buttons but both are better than a straight for effeiceny

6. Rodd1

Rodd1 Member

If you do banks and fast food places the PP is the only way to go Had mine for 4 years with no problems and the speed wings have there issue also.