1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Price-cut, for re visits?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Clapper&Company, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Working on a 18 lot account, and the guy whats to know about a Discount on the price if we have to plow a lot more then one time a day.
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

You could tell him you won't charge him if it dosen't snow.:nod:

Why not sell him on a seasonal contract. This way you plow when it snows and not have to worry about him saying it didn't need to be plowed.
  3. Plowfast9957

Plowfast9957 Senior Member

If he insists on it just charge more for the first visit and make it look like he's getting a discount. In the end you will be the one making out, on the single push storms anyway.
  4. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

Hourly....Hourly.....Hourly Thats the fairest way for you and them.
  5. gardenkeeper88

gardenkeeper88 Senior Member

Does your cost change?
    Same answer.
  6. PowerWagon

PowerWagon Senior Member

do we get a Discount in GAS? REPAIR? PARTS? TIRES? DOWN TIME?
  7. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

we don't give no discounts if we have to come back. Its not our fault that it kept snowing and we had to come back. Its either we can keep coming through if its a heavy snow so people arnt getting stuck, or just let it build up and we do once at the end. Whatever the the customer wants, casue you know the customer is always right! Except when it comes to discounts! This isn't K-Mart, this is Plowing!
  8. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

You guys all feel the same way I feel about this. They have 18 accounts for us to pick up, but i'm not going to take a lost to say" Look at me i'm plowing 18 new accounts"

I was thinking about telling them were plow his house drive for free, if we sign all 18... Any ideas on this???
  9. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I give discounts on residential drives only. It's only 2-3 bucks but makes people happier then hell....
  10. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

well said !!! :blush2:
  11. premier homes

premier homes Member

There aint nothin wrong with Kmart...They have parking lots too..$$$$
  12. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

Wall mart has bigger lots