1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Price check

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by DaySpring Services, Feb 5, 2010.

1. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
  2. PlatinumService

PlatinumService Senior Member

How many salt events do you do in a year? on top of what you do after you scrape

3. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

That seems low to me, but I don't live in your area so what I say is worthless.

4. smokin4by

smokin4by Member
    from indiana

simple math puts that $360 per push salt included for 25 events. you didn't mention if you did the walks, there are alot of them.

1.5 hour push or total with walks??
    if its total time i'd think you might be ok in price if your making money with your overhead.

5. DaySpring Services

sidewalk I dont touch also parking spot near the right and left buildings I really dont plow since there are usually cars parked in them. On site maintenance takes care of them with a blower as well as the walks. Is $360 your hourly rate? If so I may look at raising mine a bit.

6. PlatinumService

No he said including salt. probably $160 for the push and $200 for the supply and spread of salt, depending on what your salt goes for a ton those numbers could be different, do you salt on days you dont have to plow? 1/2 inch dusting, freezing rain etc?

7. PlatinumService

hourly rate would be roughly $100/hr you said hour and a half to plow.

8. DaySpring Services

I do salt for any slippery conditions. If we get a dusting or a light snow under 2 inches and its not slippery I let the sun do the work. I get my salt for $57/ton. I guess I'm in the ball park. It's a little lower than I'd like however I am happy to have the account. I originally bid $11,200 for this property. Believe it or not someone lowballed me $5500 for this property. Management was so happy with me in past years they called me and worked through it instead of giving it to the low bidder.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
  9. smokin4by

smokin4by Member
    from indiana

keep your price and keep them happy. sounds like a gravey job to me. :)

10. backupbuddy

backupbuddy Senior Member