1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Price check please

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by JimRoss, Dec 29, 2010.

1. JimRoss

JimRoss Member

Standard duty 7' 6" Poly straight blade ( Spring 2010 model ) going on an 09 Silverado 1500.
    $4750 includes everything ( truck mount, wiring, labor, tax ), installed. Sold and installed by a Boss authorized dealer ( their listed on the dealer lookup on boss' site )

Hows the price? Smoking deal, average or should I have shopped a little longer?

2. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

I would say in the middle of winter thats a good deal

3. zjm

zjm Senior Member

Best deals from what i learned are early in the season,like around June.That sounds like a fair deal for the time of year.If you have to have it now,get it.I don't think you'll save that much more if you wait.It's really a game,the hungriest ,newest dealer will give you the best price,but some new dealers don't have the best experience when it comes to installation.Things to think about when buying,Dealer service reputation is a BIG factor.

4. qualitycut

qualitycut PlowSite Fanatic

I know boss jumped there prices mid season this winter so not bad I would say middle.

5. JimRoss

JimRoss Member

Thanx guys, I'm happy with a middle ground pricing.

Yes, dealer service IS important to me. This guy states 24/7 emergency parts service if I bought from him ( they live next door to their store ). While I'm not going to use this plow comercially, knowing they offer that service makes me think they care for their customer after the sale.

6. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

Jim, Where in Michigan you located?? I would say its a good price also might ask what the 8' would run....

7. JimRoss

JimRoss Member

doo-man:

I'm just north of Mt Pleasant ( CMU ) 35 mins.

Not sure I need or want that little extra weight from the 8', on my wimpy Chevy 1/2 ton. It was 100 lbs heavier than the 7.5. I currently have a 78 Chevy 3/4 ton with an old cable type 7.5' Western on it now. I does my drive just fine ( but so did the 4' blade on my old Simplicy tractor, at one time...LOL ). But, the old Chevy is giving me fit's and I'm handicapped to the extent I cant work on it any longer. Soooo, putting a new plow on the new truck to save me head aches.

8. batman53201

batman53201 Junior Member

sounds about right.........im spending $4850 for the hd 8 foot steel.....everything included