1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Price Check Boss

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ford6.9, Sep 16, 2008.

1. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

If anyone around here could just give me a price check on a Boss plow

Just the mount $1350 installed
    Full 8.5' blade $4120 Installed

2. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

just the mount for that price? no wiring included? thats high without wiring. the mount and all wiring will cost you $1100 for parts.

$4120 sounds about right for total package.

3. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

Sorry that was for the mount and wiring ready to hook up to my other rt3 plows

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Did it include a controller?

5. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

yes, that was everything for the truck side, just missing the blade.

6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I know here a Boss 8.2 v plow with hand held is 4,800.00 + tax installed.

7. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

a controller is included in that price? wow. because the controllers are $200-$260 depending handheld or joystick. that price i got of $1100 was for pushframe and all wiring, not including control. Id say for $1350 go for it.

8. Enzo

Enzo Senior Member

yeah sounds good i would go for it, over here there prices are going up so i would jump on it as soon as possible.

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Then its a fair deal. :nod:

10. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

Thanks guys for the input, its my 3rd plow from them in 3 years so they may be helping me just a bit (I know I am really small compared to most but still more than one plow). Now another question. I am thinking of just tossing a full blade on that truck and was opting for the straight 8.5-9' straight blade and then going to pick up a set of wings (to really make some time on the open areas). I already have one 9.2 V and a 7.6 straight blade (set of wings for the 7.6). This truck will be running mostly driveways and is a F350 6.0. Are you guys thinking a 9' is going to be too big? or am i really making a mistake with not thinking 8.2 or 9.2 "V" blade on this?

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Run an 8.2 WITH wings since your already planning this as a driveway designated truck....don't even fool around with a straight.

You'll thank yourself later for the time and performace savings you gain. wesport

12. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds about right for the entire package. Not sure with just mount and wiring...havent done that in awhile!:rolleyes: