1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

price an a edge

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by chevyman51, May 22, 2012.

1. chevyman51

chevyman51 Senior Member

I am looking at a 43" whelen edge with new lenses the guy wants $300 is this a fair price.

2. ChiTahoe

ChiTahoe Senior Member

is it LED or strobe? If it works the price is right otherwise they are expensive to repair.

3. chevyman51

chevyman51 Senior Member

Its strobe and he says it works I have not drove up to look at it yet. I wanted to check the price out first. I am going to make him show that it works before I buy it.

4. ChiTahoe

ChiTahoe Senior Member

I rebuilt a mini edge 28" and it was over $300 in parts. Just make sure EVERYTHING works as it should. I also suggest hard wiring with a pattern controller. Pay attention to how it is wired on the truck.
    Personally I would look for a LED bar. More durable and newer technology.

5. chevyman51

chevyman51 Senior Member

Ok thanks for the info I will look around and see what I can find.

6. massfirefighter

massfirefighter Senior Member
    from mass.

Don't wast your money on used strobes. For about the same price you can get a mini led bar with a warranty. Strobes are out dated and a thing of the past. 100,000 hours compared to something that can burn out an hour after you install it. Just my 2 cents but shop around before you bite. Talk to Louis at strobesnmore.com for a mini bar that's probably just as bright with a warranty.

A power supply= big bucks to replace
    Strobe tube= big bucks to replace

Check this out:

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=135897

Last edited: May 26, 2012
  7. massfirefighter

massfirefighter Senior Member
    from mass.

8. chevyman51

chevyman51 Senior Member

Thanks for the input I will look around and check somethings out

9. Wilnip