1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Price a MVP today

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Antlerart06, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Well I price a 9.6 V plow the MVP+
    $5400 Sounds high but does sound ok since last one cost me 4750 that was in 09 5 winters ago

I forgot to ask price on the MVP3 I'll Call Wednesday and ask

2. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Sounds like good price to me. We paid 5k for an 8 ft straight pro plus

3. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

That's a fair price. Not high at all.

4. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I don't know what the Western equivalent is, but I was quoted $5,900 installed for a new Fisher XV-2 9'6"....I paid $5,400 installed for the first gen XV 9'6" 19 months ago..
    Edit: both plows are yellow powdercoat, not stainless. Can't see why stainless is any better for mm the extra $.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
  5. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

That's a good price.

6. Antlerart06

I called today They want 6100 for the MPV3 I ask why what is the big difference He said its new and everybody wants one The old style will push for me just fine I was pricing paint to I didn't ask about Stainless

7. Buswell Forest

from NH

They are gouging people @ that price. I would call every dealer within 100 miles...
    Is there a Fisher dealer around?
    The taller and more curved profile helps keep more snow off the windshield vs the XV-1 first gen design, and that's worth it to me.
    If you go with the first gen, add the deflectors.

8. Antlerart06

I have a MVP + with no deflectors Not problem maybe during a blizzard get some snow on the wind shield

I cant make my mind up Keep thinking on the Fisher Expanding plow I need to call ask a price on it

9. Antlerart06

I called another dealer today
    They want 5845 9.6 steel MVP+ w/wings
    5995 9.6 steel MVP 3 w/wings
    XLS 5850

10. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

Do those prices include installation? Or are they cash and carry?

11. Buswell Forest

from NH

I got a better deal than the $5900 installed quote by going through my dealer. Same 9/6 xv2 yellow plow, installed, $5,730. Pretty good price I think. Best I have found so far. 1.8 polycaster was $5200 from the other guy, but the dealership guy is $5100 installed.
    Wings through the dealer guy are $350 ish. Guy was working from memory.

12. Antlerart06

Yep I buy it I install it only way to have it
    Last V plow I installed 12 pk ML and 2 guys 6 hrs

13. Antlerart06

The Fisher Wing kit is 600+ might find them under 6 http://www.centralparts.com/ProductDetails23322.aspx

Hope your dealer isn't pricing the Prowing kits Those sell for 350

If they are Fisher wing kits Let have there number I'll call and take some some and paint them red

But didn't you say you are finance the plow and salter If so in long run you going be paying more for it

14. Buswell Forest

from NH

He wasn't sure. I thought they were like $500 and change for the xv1. XV2 is taller, so it stands to reason the wings would be more.

I am financing them, yes. Hope I can refinance in the spring, as I mentioned in the other thread. A 2.9% rate wouldn't be so bad.