1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pretty cool Dangerous Drive eposode

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by xgiovannix12, Jan 4, 2013.

1. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

Hey guys I thought id share this pretty cool episode of dangerous drives. Lot of pretty cool Snow Removal Equipment.

Hope you enjoy Thumbs Up
  2. fairwaymowing

fairwaymowing Member

I'll have to watch it when I got some more time....looks like a cool show tho.....thanks for posting!
  3. Fantastic

Fantastic Senior Member

Can't watch it in Canada!! :(
  4. Fire_n_Ice

Fire_n_Ice Senior Member

Cool video. Thanks for sharing
  5. Greenmtboy

Greenmtboy Senior Member
    from Vermont

Very cool, thanks for posting!
  6. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

im going to have to see if that show is on on demand
  7. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

you can watch it on the link I posted.

NP guys Hope you enjoy it... I watched the whole season :nod:
  8. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

I watched that before, pretty cool !!!
  9. theholycow

theholycow PlowSite.com Addict

Thanks for posting that, very cool! Feels like the first season of Ice Road Truckers where they merely played up whatever drama they could find instead of creating scripted fake drama everywhere.

Why can't they hold a single camera shot for more than half a second? It's like watching a strobe light for 45 minutes. I want to get a good look at some of the stuff but the only shots they held were a phone call and a non-moving weather map image. :realmad:

What's with the wheels on the plow? They seem to lift when the plow is lifted so it's not like they are taking some of the weight off the truck's front suspension, it seems like all they do is prevent the plow from scraping the pavement...only to follow up with a belly plow.

Notice the headlights mounted to the blade? Neato!

Why do they seem surprised that the weather is different 300 miles away?

Why is a 53' box trailer sent into a blizzard to haul what would fit in an Econoline or Sprinter? That trailer looked empty.

Sweet GPS with great resolution/accuracy but it might be better if it was a Heads-Up Display instead of a flip-down screen that they merely call a Heads-Up Display. A picture of the truck's position, rather than just turning stuff red, might make it a bit easier to use too.

If "spin out" means loss of drive traction/getting stuck, what phrase will they use to describe a vehicle that got sideways and spun around? "Roll over"? (This complaint applies to Ice Road Truckers too.)

Pass the plow truck? Yeah, that seems smart. [​IMG] There's nothing like going faster where the plow hasn't been yet.

The couple who got stuck in an avalanche: The guy opened the drivers door, crawled out, and dug through to the rear door, then the girl crawled through to the rear door. Why didn't the girl crawl through the already-open drivers door?

Their mountainsides must be littered with loads of Howitzer rounds. :jester:

How is there no pile of snow around Ben Dinardo's truck after waiting overnight?

I think I saw his roll of TP in the windshield from a momentary head-on shot. :laughing:

At 35mph Ben "crawls" around the switchback?

Why did he drive into the unplowed lot? Would he have done that without the cameras around?

What does horsepower have to do with being stuck? It doesn't take 600hp to spin tires on snow, not even 8 chained tires.