1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pressure washing?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by 03mossy, Nov 25, 2007.

1. 03mossy

03mossy Junior Member

around here the use tons of salt so i will be washing my rig after everypush, i hate rust!!!!! anyway is there any areas i should be careful around while washing. and should i cover everything with some wd4o type spray?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Keep the direct high pressure spray away from the pump assembly, the seals on the angle rams and any electrical connections and you'll be fine. You didn't say what type of pump it has but if it has an external breather vent, cover it so no water gets in the fluid reservoir.

Clean and re grease the connections with dielectric grease...
    You can shoot a little fluid film on any exterior connections (coils, motor connections)

3. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

We wash our rigs when ever possible. I think salt can be more of a issue than water, expecially over time. I often find myself at the coin operated wash bay during the storm, making the windows clear lights bright and giving myself a break. Preventative maintance lots of grease fluid changes and keeping stuff clean will save you money and agrevation in the long run.

DAFF

4. 03mossy

03mossy Junior Member

i have a 8' proplow poly(ultra mount) this is the first plow i have owned and want it to last. keep the tips coming.