1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pressure on angle hoses

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by cbeard, Feb 11, 2010.

1. cbeard

cbeard Member

I have a E-60 and while plowing my driveway one of my hoses can off. I tried to hook the hose back up and have pressure on the hose and at the connections. How do I release this pressure to hook my angle hose back up?

Thanks,
    Chris

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Loosen the quick connects up a few turns on the hose and pump to relieve the pressure buildup. A few turns will do it.

3. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Wow, I learned something new today... I always cover them with a rag and smack them with a hammer, always did this with trepidation cause i was afraid of hurting them (or myself). Thanks BB.

4. cbeard

cbeard Member

Thanks B&B. I saw you online and new I could count on you for a solution. I don't know what we would do without you.

Thanks again
    Chris

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Whacking them with a hammer works (if you also have a drift pin to do the female side too) but risks damaging the coupler. It's acceptable for an emergency but otherwise loosen the fittings instead.