1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pressure in housing and real slllooooww moving

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by affekonig, Dec 17, 2008.

1. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

My unimount always had a lag time between commanding the plow to raise via the joystick and the plow actually moving. I cleaned the filter and topped it off yesterday hoping that was the problem. It wasn't. It worked fine all night beside the lag time which I got used to, but it ended up cutting my night short because it was barely working at all this morning. It sounds like the motor is running unrestricted; like there's no fluid. When I check the fluid, it comes out of the fill hole with some pressure. One time the fluid shot upabove the lift ram. What's happening? I need to get this working for tomorrow!

2. grassmaster06

grassmaster06 Senior Member

i just replaced my pump hoping to speed up the plow .that did not work ,it is still running slow and even slower throughout the nite

3. RingahDing

RingahDing Junior Member

slow

U chk the alternator belt tightness? Or r u holding the up position too long, hoping it will go up higher?

4. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

There's something coming apart somewhere in the pump and clogging the filter. I just have to pull the filter out and clean it ever couple hours. It's a pain, but it's what's gotta be done.

5. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

what is on the filter that you are cleaning off?