1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pressure from snow forces plow to angle ??

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by leadfooter, Jan 17, 2011.

1. leadfooter

leadfooter Member
    from Midwest

1.When I try to push the snow straight sometimes the plow will angle from pressure (usually to the left) or even when I have it fully angled to the right to start with. Why doesnt it stay put??
  2. Y-town IceMan

Y-town IceMan Junior Member

assuming its angled hydraulically i'd say you have a worn seal. just a guess tho.
  3. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

sound's like you have a lot of air in the system or a problem with the cushen valve .
  4. leadfooter

leadfooter Member
    from Midwest

So how do I tell if there is air in the system??? and get it out??
    The angle cylinders are pretty new so those seals should be good.. Where is this Cushen valve??
  5. wild bill

which plow do you have ?make ,model ?:waving:
  6. MSplowing

MSplowing Member
    from Indiana

On are last snow mine started doin the same thing except mine goes to the right. I just put brand new angle cylinders on, and from what i can tell there isnt any air in the system . Ive got the ST 7.5 With the E47
  7. carkey351

carkey351 Senior Member

no such thing as "cushen valve" there is a 'crossover relief valve' its primary function is to allow the plow to angle the other direction if enough force is presented (i.e. you hit a tree it will angle instead of stop you dead..) This is a common meyer part that either fails or just gets gummed up -could be a simple as that. go to the meyerproducts.com website for diagrams.
  8. wild bill

cross over relief valve is another fancy name for cushion valve .they mean the same thing ,you hit some thing and it let's it swing the other way when it exceeds a pressure setting ,to keep from exploding some thing .that is the term we called it in the truck equipment Field for big truck hydraulics were i used to work .