1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Press right, but angles Left

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Burkartsplow, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

E60. It goes up and down, it goes left, but when i hit the right button the control pad it starts to go the left. if i hold it and have it go all the way to the left using the right arrow button it goes there and then it overloads on the controller. turn it off and back on adn I can go up and down, the motor runs when i hit left, but it is already there and then i hit right and it wants to go left and then overload again. What is it. the C valve, maybe the cross over release valve or do u think i need new quick release couplers. the pump has not been used much over the last 3 years. rarely at all.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

More than likely it's the C valve. Check it for magnetism and if it has it, pull the valve and see if you can move the spool inside with a small screwdriver.. you can also reinstall the coil on the valve after removing the valve and test it by connecting power and ground jumpers directly to it from a battery. Watch in the end of it to see if the spool moves when you apply power...

3. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

u get snow so u decide to break the plow nice. my boss last year had a bend in his A frame so it would go one way then get stuck then wouldnt go back. it took us like an hour with 2 guys to see how a little bend would do that.

4. Burkartsplow

i called zoresco where the plow is from and talked to a tech and he said he never heard of that happening, but it is a meyers and anything can happen. I am going to try the jumper cable application and see if i get anything going. This sucks ass. any other suggestions will be helpful. will update on progress.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Then he's never worked on a Meyer before...:nod:

6. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

OR, he sells Meyers and don't want to bad mouth them.

7. Burkartsplow

ok, so i did a little experiment. I put the red on the green and the green on the red and when I hit the up button the plow angled to the right. I dont know what that tells me, but it tells me it will angle right. i then hooked everything back up the proper way and when I hit the right button it went to the left. So it gets power and it runs the valve to make it angles right, so do you think the green is just not giving it power, but it is giving it some kind of power,due to the fact when i hit it, it angles left. I dont know and i am tired and we are supposed to get some snow tonight and i may have to plow with a blade at one angle all morning for a bit. i can deal with it. but i wish i had an answer?????

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If you hot wired it by using the red wire and it angled right, then the C valve and coil are good. Your green wire is dead somewhere between the coil and the control switch..

The default function on a Meyer is to angle left.. in other words if you run the motor but don't open any of the valves it will angle to the left.

9. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

If you have the newer MDII set up, check the plug at the truck. Those things are notorious for giving you all kinds of heck. Clean the terminals and put some di-electric grease in there or silicone spray. And make sure that connection is tight!!!!!!!! Who did you talk to at Zoresco?? I know them decently down there and can go give em hell if need be, lol:yow!:

10. Burkartsplow

yes it is the MD II setup. newer. i talked to randy. the one in willoughby. he said he would look at it today. i will take a look at it again since we got nothing up here today. if i cant figure it out then i will stop out there. should i look at the harness connection under the hood or the large plug that connects everything. I cleaned out the plug before a few weeks ago when it would not angle to the right and it then worked fine. i disconnected it yesterday and hooked it back up and then that is when it started to act up again.

11. Burkartsplow

so even though i had everything connected correctly and i hit the right angle function, the plow will automatically angle left. So you think it is somewhere in the green wire from the control switch to the coil. That makes sense. I was thinking it could be that last night, but i was not getting back outside to test it. thanks i will try that and see what i get. I will update in a bit.

12. Sydenstricker Landscaping

I would say look at the large plug. That is one of meyer's stupidest designs, IMO. I had one of those on my 94 and it was a PITA to say the least. I ended up taking big zip-ties and strapping them around it to keep a good solid connection. Those things also have alot of ground problems too. Good luck with it and hope all works out for you!!!!

13. Burkartsplow

yeah it was the plug. I cleaned it again and hooked it back up real tight and it worked. I also put some zip ties around to keep in place and electrical tape around the seam to keep out moisture hopefully. thanks guys for all your help. now let it snow. i knew it was something stupid.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2007
  14. Sydenstricker Landscaping

You are welcome!!!:waving: It is usually always something stupid when it comes to Meyer plows:mad:

15. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Glad to hear it was a cheap and easy fix.. and like SL mentioned, on a Meyer it usually is..

If you intend on keeping this plow I'd highly recommend cutting the MDII style single plug out as it'll only get worse and splicing in a more reliable three plug set up. I like to use two 6 pin trailer plugs and an Anderson style battery cable quick disconnect plug... much much more dependable.

16. Burkartsplow

yeah i will be keeping this for awhile. I will look into putting a new plug on. The place where they put it is also horrible> Right under the bumper where is gets soaked. I am going to mess with it this week and update you guys with the new setup.

17. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Good Deal, Also makesure its not low on blinker fuild