1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

President's motorcade LEDs

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by riverwalkland, Jan 20, 2009.

1. riverwalkland

riverwalkland Senior Member

2. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

You see the size of the rear tires on that thing??

3. Squires

Squires Senior Member

apparantly the glass is 6in thick, sealed rear compartment to protect against chem bio weapons, and on top of that i believe its built on the kodiak truck frame, with the weight of it i bet it could psh some snow......haha

4. bosman

bosman Senior Member

I believe Whelen manufactured about every light we saw, NBC gave a shout out to them today, made in USA, pretty cool.ussmileyflag

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Escalade frame and it weighs 4 tons.

6. Squires

Squires Senior Member

7. pwrstroke6john

pwrstroke6john Senior Member

I read a couple places that its suposed to have the kodiak under carriage also, but we'll never know.

8. rawdog

rawdog Senior Member
    from Cape MA

9. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

The Secret Services guys look like their coats are 3 sizes too big, I wonder what they have under them.

10. mike6256

mike6256 Senior Member

11. Mid-Ohio Scaper

Mid-Ohio Scaper Senior Member

What was wrong with the last limo that Bush had?? Times are tight right now, and here is our worthless government doing what they do best wasting money. :dizzy:

12. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

thats one badass gun wow :dizzy: the amount of shells it left behinde

I am not the only one that noticed, they also looked pretty warm with thier coats opened :D

13. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

looks like whelen 700 series super led

14. zabMasonry

zabMasonry Senior Member
    from vt

I have no clue what the deal is with the presidential limo, except to say that i imagine that bears very little resemblance to any other vehicle other then the exterior body panels.

Also reminds me just how much of a misnomer the idea that the president takes a surprise trip anywhere. It takes several C5-B loads for the SS to be ready for the president to be on the ground.

15. Mid-Ohio Scaper

Mid-Ohio Scaper Senior Member

The History Channel has a Modern Marvels dedicated to "presidential movers" and they talk about the limo among other things.
    Also if anyone has checked out the Air Force One special where they ride along with Bush to Africa. Very Cool!!

16. Well for starters you have your first BLACK president and the country still has a lot of rednecks that hate black people. I think this present is more of a target than Bush. There have already been attempted attacks on him before he even became president.

17. theguynextdoor

theguynextdoor Senior Member

That gatling gun in the suberban shoots 6000-7000 (yes thousands) rounds per minute. That is nuts. Think I might get a limo like that to drive around and check on my crews. lol

18. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Those guys probably had more bullet proof stuff on and more guns then most people know is possible for one person to conceal while walking down the middle of the street. Not to mention the thousands of police officers and dozens and dozens of snipers backing them up incase they missed.

19. Krieger91

Krieger91 Senior Member

It's the same minigun platform using on helicopters. The MH-6 Little Birds and UH-60 Blackhawks are often outfitted with minguns that fire up to 6,000 rounds per minute. But they can only sustain that kind of rate for a very short time before the barrel overheats.

20. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky