1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Presented with a contract that they don't have to

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by zackman, Nov 18, 2009.

1. zackman

zackman Member

We received a contract last week that has in it "that they do not have to pay us if they do not get payed from the owner" :mad:

We have several lots and condos and not one has ask us to sign a contract with that in there... It is a small lot and a long sidewalk( not that much money) I do not want to sign something like this. I sent it back and ask to revise the contract.. Just waiting to see what happens now...

Has anyone had to sign something like this????:confused:
  2. ScottPA

ScottPA Senior Member
    from PA

Something I wouldn't get involved in either..
  3. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

i have seen contracts like that, would never sign one. not without a clause stating how they expect me to collect if i don't get paid
  4. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

If it's USM, you're also not allowed to pursue payment from the owners. In short, you're just SOL.
  5. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I'd have laughed at them. Who's to say they get paid and say they don't?!!?!?!? Even if so, you provide the service and deserve payment. I'd spit on their BS contract.
  6. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I would wipe......well, I'll restrain myself today. You get the point.

JKMATHIEU Junior Member

RUN.....Dont walk away!!!!
  8. zackman

zackman Member

Thanks guys exactly what I thought...
  9. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

has to be USM.. if they didnt pay us though, id still have my attorney up their arses forever to collect eventually:realmad: