1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

preseason plow check up?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by nickPSD, Oct 16, 2006.

1. nickPSD

nickPSD Member

I just bought my blizzard 810 last year. Now this year I want to know what to do to get the plow ready for the season. Anybody have a list on what to do?

Thanks Nick
  2. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

Bump this, i am curious as well. I would assume change the hydro fluid. What do you recommend greasing things with?? White lithium??
  3. nickPSD

nickPSD Member

I would like to know also, as my dealer didnt even recomend a fluid change after a very light winter last year :realmad:
  4. paulsauto

paulsauto Member

Plow prep

If you have a 2005 810 look on page 27 of your manual, it lists every thing that should be done. I would pull all the pins on internal cylinders and wing hinges and coat with anti seize. if they rust tight you can't get the plow apart. if there coated with anti seize the new ones are a breeze to service. use dielectric grease on all electrical connectors and plugs. if you don't have a manual you can download or view one on the blizzard web site.
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2006