1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Prepping 94' 2500 for plowing

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by jbone, Aug 17, 2006.

1. jbone

jbone Senior Member

ive got a 1994 chevy 2500 1/2 ton. 4spd manual w/ o/d. My original plans of buying a 3/4 ton fell out so im sticking w/ the truck I have now. I just got an offer from a friend of mine for a cheap plow, as well as some work during the winter. He's also gonna teach me the ins/outs of plowing. This way I dont invest too much money into something im not 100% sure im going to do each year. My plans for the truck are" Timbrens, bilstein hd shocks tranny cooler, deep tranny pan, tranny flush and filter, as well as all the basic maintenance. Im also getting new tires, and ball joints b/c I need them bad anyhow.

I have read in other posts about having the bands in the tranny adjusted for plowing. Should I get this done as well? How will this affect it while im not plowing? Does it put any more wear/tear on the tranny than usual? Just out of curiosity what the heaviest duty manual tranny that will bolt up to a 350 of my year truck?

Any other suggestions would help on prepping my truck for this winter. Thanks!
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2006
  2. jbone

jbone Senior Member

ok great! ill go with that then