1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

preparing for final assembly!

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by mcwlandscaping, Oct 22, 2007.

1. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

The blade and base angle of the plow need one more coat of paint and then it's time to put it all back together!!!!!! I have a few questions first.

1) when putting on the new rams, how do i extend them when i go to put them in as they are new and fully retracted?

2) once everything it hooked up, how do i go about bleeding (for lack of a better term) the sytem? Everything will be empty so do i just fill the resevior, go through all the functions a few times to fill all the lines and cylinders and get the air out, then recheck and add fluid?

3) there was a third question but now i can't remember it, so, i'll probably post it later!!

I would have been able to get this thing all assembled for wednesday but i don't think my backordered angle rams from CPW will be in by then :(
  2. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

#1 - Install ram onto blade side 1st with pin...Insert broom handle into other end...twist and pull.

#2 can be tricky... What pump is it? and how are the hoses connected??
  3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Insta-act pump....fitting screw on!

thanks for your help!
  4. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

I assume this is a minute mount...You will want to start with the blade fully angled to one side.. Disconnect the hoses at the pump...jack up the back of the plow frame so the angle pistons are sloped towards the front.. Fill both cylinders slowly with one of those little spouts through the hoses.. wiggle a few times and fill again to make sure all the air bubbles come out..then connect them to the pump. Starting with the cylinder that is retracted...loosen the fitting on the cylinder...then angle the other way...let the fluid run out...bump the switch...let the fluid run out...tighten fitting...Now loosen the other fitting on the now retracted side and repeat...Might have to repeat the process a couple times on each side..You should have the least amount of air to try and bleed out this way..The air will not bleed itself...They are sealed systems.

Another way is to fill the pump with fluid and with the angle hoses disconnected...bump the switch to the left...just quick enough to flow fluid...quickly screw on the already filled left hose...and then bump it to the right and screw on the right hose.....This way if done carefully should practically leave no air in the system....... I think....LOL

Don't let the completion date get ya' down...Plenty O' Time left...
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2007