1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

predicting snow amounts for next year???

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by goodlivin33, Jan 25, 2011.

1. goodlivin33

goodlivin33 Senior Member

I have been asked to give a bid to a condo community that has to include all the regular mowing responsibilities as well as clean ups and seeding ect...but they are asking me to give them a 12 month rate for all the mowing and snow with salt any ideas...thanks ...I was thinking take an average of 20 snow events and the amount of salt i think i would use per and multiplying that out and what i want for the mowing chores and adding ten dividing by 12 what do you think
  2. qualitycut

qualitycut PlowSite Fanatic

Thats how I do would do it. Would try for a salt per time or at least keep a cap on the total. Just find out the average amount of plowable events over the last 10-15 years
  3. goodlivin33

i was thinking about calling the local airport to see how many events they have had any other ideas as to were to get that info?
  4. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

You can get that info from NOAA if you dig through the local forecast office website.
  5. goodlivin33

thanks appreciate the help i will try tomorrow...thanks again
  6. 496 BB

496 BB Senior Member

7. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

If you do take a contract like that, you should at least try to get a three year contract.

That way you can spread out the costs for snow removal over those years so that you can make up for one year if you had a bad previous year.

Most places won't budge on the pricing and won't take the "Cap" as part of the plan. They want a set cost and that's it.
  8. goodlivin33

that is exactly what i was going to do and they even mentioned that i could give them a bid for 3 years..thanks for the advise