1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Predator series?

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by Detroitdan, Sep 17, 2005.

1. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

I found a used Sno-way plow for cheap money, but I dont know what it is, havent made contact with the owner yet. I checked the Sno-way website and didnt find the Predator. All I know is the one I saw was a poly blade with a sticker in the middle reading Predator, and the for sale sign said "universal". I cant understand why I couldnt find it on Sno-ways website, is it maybe an affiliate or something? Anyway, I think it was an 8 footer, but I didnt measure it. My biggest question is is it fairly tough or is it a wimpy homeowner type plow? I need something rugged enough for a 1-ton. What is it worth, because this thing looked pretty new and was under a grand. Thanks for your input.

2. corkireland

corkireland Senior Member

The entire line of snoway snowplows are dubbed the Predator Series. Not sure why. But basically its like Fisher would call it's X blade. (of course that has a litteral meaning when looking at it from behind. But Predator is the just the general nameof the plows.

:salute:

3. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

thanks, now I just need to find out which model it is. Gotta try calling him again.

4. satt13@centuryt

satt13@centuryt Junior Member

I found a sno-way plow too. But found sub- frame cost a lot and hard to fine parts at low cost. I broke a wire that run from plow to the control.It cost 137.00 just for that wire. I glade i don't plow for a living

5. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

Detroitdan,

If you can get the serial number, I can tell you exactly what you are looking and the applications that it was designed for.

Sno-Way used to refer to all straight plows as "Predator" and v-plows as "Lobo". We no longer use these names.

6. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

Detroitdan,

It would be helpful for me to tell you where to locate the serial number. Serial number will be printed on a silver tag attached to the top of the a-frame on the plow.

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Rick
    you're responding to a 16 month old post

8. lagattadj

lagattadj Junior Member
    from NY

serial number

Can you tell what model this plow is from this number??
    db-1037-c

Thanks,

Dave

9. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

The DB-1037 is the model # for the Fenner Hydraulic power unit on the plow. The serial # on the a-frame and blade frame would help to identify the model plow that you have.

Regards,

10. vwovw

vwovw Senior Member

mine is a predator htv not a lobo. i think the lobos had the metal wiring hook ups not the plastic guitar style. of which both suck...wiring connection that is

11. lagattadj

lagattadj Junior Member
    from NY

Tom,

Thanks for the help. If you would look at this link from an ebay auction, maybe you can tell me what I would need to buy, with part numbers to make this plow fit my truck. When I asked the seller the model number of the plow, the number you interpreted for me is what he gave me. Also approx. costs for the parts needed? I have a 2006 Chevy Silverado, ext. cab 1500.

Here is the link.. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SNOW...091870337QQcategoryZ63688QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks a million!

Dave

12. SGTPOOL

SGTPOOL Member

Hey Give Scott A Call At Nw Ent. 17158348426. Most People Are Going To Tell You That You Need To Convert The Plow To The New Set Up(2 Pin Vs 3pin) He May Be Able To Find The Stuff You Need. He Did For Me, Just A Few Months Ago. I Actually Paid The Same Price For The Exact Same Plow. Mt-24 7'6". Seems To Be A Good Price. Much Better Than
    $4k New. Good Luck

13. SGTPOOL

SGTPOOL Member

HEY I ACTUALLY HAVE THE LIGHT HARNESS FOR THAT TRUCK CHECK WITH SNOWAY, BUT THE ONE I BOUGHT CAME OFF A 2005 CHECY 1500. THE PLOW WILL HAVE THE MAIN HARNESS, IT'S REAL SIMPLE JUST ONE HOT ONE COLD TO THE BATTERY. SO LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED THE LIGHT HARNESS. MIKE MIKEPOOL1@HOTMAIL.COM 443.992.6275