1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Predator question

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by Rcgm, Oct 12, 2006.

1. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

I am really trying to learn about Sno way plows and you guys have tons of knowledge. I have a few questions and if I sound stupid you don't have to reply I would understand.:D
    Does sno way still produce the predator? What was the Predator meant to go on 1/2 tons 3/4 tons? If it is not made anymore what series took its place? Does that lexan come with a warranty?

Thanks For your replies.
    BRAD
    RCGM

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The predator was what snoway call their straight blades with the "Lobo" being the vee Blade. Just changed the name to HT MT ST and took the picture of the wolf off the sticker.
    Your lexan should be warrantied against cracking from the edge. Each case is different, but they will not warranty holes in the middle of the sheet. The only time i've ever had to warranty Lexans were a couple of 10 ft blades last year. They just sort of disintegrated, bad run of lexan I think, have never had them do that before.

3. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Predator Plows

Brad,

Basher is correct in stating that we no longer use Predator as a model of plow. Back in the day 18, 24, and 25 series plows were called Predator models and our original v-plow was the Lobo. Predator models would have gone on for the most part the same truck models as the ST, MT, and HT units that are now been replaced with the 22, 26, and 29 series plows. Polycarbonate is covered under our warranty. We stand behind each sheet for a period of 2 years against material defects. In general a material defect will show itself by cracking from an outside edge. Scratches, hazing, yellowing, or as Basher states "holes in the middle", what I would refer to as punctures are not covered under warranty. Let me know if you need any additional information.

Here's to looking forward to the weekend!! :drinkup:

Regards,
    Tom