1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Predator 29 install/assembly questions

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by GetMore, Jul 23, 2005.

1. GetMore

GetMore Senior Member

I just picked up my new plow yesterday. The price was pretty good and if I put things off too long I'll end up waiting until it's much too late, so . . .

Anyway, I've got a couple of questions and I'm wondering if anyone here has experience with these.

2. pbeering

pbeering Senior Member

There are a number of folks on this site with extensive SnoWay experience. How can we help?

3. GetMore

GetMore Senior Member

First: The blade stops-on the 29 series do they also get "face plates"? The book says the face plates and blade stops are in bag #96107395 in the light bar box. My blade stops were not in a bag and I don't have face plates, plus the stops don't have a cut for face plates like shown in the manual.
    Second: Which way do they go in? I put them in with the fatter end up. With the thin end up the bracket stuck out past them. With the fat end up the stop sticks out, and when I tighten the springs to the proper preload the stops bulge a bit. I did not try flipping them back over and tensioning the springs. Either I have it wrong or the stops are supposed to cushion the blade as it returns after it trips.
    Third: The brackets for the subframe: I am installing this on a 2001 Silverado 2500HD. These brackets line up to the tow hook holes. The book says to use M12-40x(something) bolts. The threads in the tow hooks are coarse thread. Plus one of the holes in the driver's side bracket is about 1/4" off from the tow hook. Actually I should probably say that the holes in the tow hook are off, as when I measured the two brackets and lined them up side by side they seem to be mirror images. However, the slots in the rear of the brackets are straight, where the slots in the frame are angled, so no amount of wiggling got the parts to line up. The passenger's side was fine, except for the wrong bolts. (I used the bolts from the truck to try to mount the brackets, since I could thread them in.)

So, any suggestions? Thanks for the help!

4. pbeering

pbeering Senior Member

Can you take and post a digital picture of each of your questions? It will be easier to help decipher them.

5. GetMore

GetMore Senior Member

I'll give that a try next weekend. I just finished messing with it for this week. :sleeping:

6. GetMore

GetMore Senior Member

Got a reply from Snoway Tech today.
    I have the blade stops in the correct way. The face plates are a running change, so I don't have to have them, unless I was the really anal type that needs to have the most up-to-date parts. Well, I kind of am, but I've got that whole assembly complete and it's not enough of an issue for me to take them out-too much work.
    There is another parts bag that has what I need to mount the frame brackets. Since I was told that the light bar uprights sometimes hit the tow hooks I am suspecting that there might be some nuts or nut plates to take place of the tow hooks. Has anyone had an issue with the tow hooks making contact with parts of the plow?

7. beungood

beungood Member

like the 29

How do you like that 29 series plow?