1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pre-treating pic's

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by powerjoke, Oct 2, 2008.

1. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

finnally got my ONE freakin load of salt yesterday :rolleyes:

and since we're short on salt i treated it with the bluestuff again :D. .....i thought i'd share some pic's.

p.s. i don't think i have ever gotten salt this coars

pj

Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Prudy....:nod:

3. powerjoke

more pics

The chemical is Calcium Chloride, and the amount is 10gallon per ton, it should bring the temp down to about -30* ? and should work alot faster too.

Calcium is EXTREMELY corrosive, it seems to be the only drawback so far. but in the summer time we deal with liquid nitrate so i don't think either is worse than the other :confused:

the last one is just a pic of my old 953 and lil interantional. haha

4. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

the salt looks nice size.... two of our loads could pass for table salt it was so fine......i was told it was screened from what the big boyz were hauling out....

5. carcrz

carcrz Senior Member

that's what I got stuck w/ last year too Jay. Everyone was out of decent salt to spread.

6. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

what you paying a ton PJ? also, i hope you gave that new snow bucket a thoro wash down after playing in those chemicals! :cool:

7. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

rick, does that single axle IH pull the loader very well? what does it have in it, a 466? what transmission? i'm looking to up grade our 1989 IH 1600 tractor....i'd either like a IH w/ a 466 or a Ford with a cummins...

8. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Finer salt actually works faster but your pile looks good Rick.:drinkup:

9. Enzo

Enzo Senior Member

Over here for Salt/Sand Mix a few places quoted me $55 per yard of it.

10. powerjoke

06: yeah we washed everything in SALT-X, hopefully the floor wont rust out of it before we have to push sno though lol, those chem's are harsh

Jay: yeah it's got a lil 466 in it, it's a good little truck it has less than 200k on it. i just put the pintle plate on it the other night so this is the first time it's hauled the pintle trailer but it did pretty well,.......better than the 5500 lmao

would you be interested in a FL-60 it's a club cab with a lil' cummin's and a 6spd it's got less than 200k on it to i think.

JD: Thank's pal......i was proud of my big rock's till you spoke up :drinkup: lol

attached is a pic of a couple of new people i got to meet today :rolleyes:.......they are just doing thier job i guess. lol

PJ

11. 06HD BOSS

i havent personally been stopped yet, but know a few people who have. thats why im thinking twice about buying a 1ton dump, cant legally haul sh!t. what they check you for, weight, chains, tires, brakes, lights, DOT number?

12. powerjoke

yeah all that crap, but the one thing they got me on was the stupidist thing.....on my part.

I have 12k lb plates on the truck and weighed almost double that, so i tried to tell them that i had one plate on front and one on the back so that was 24k right? lol.........turns out. no lmao

13. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

So the Dot thought you were OK.

14. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

That's funny. LOL

15. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Hey, You make friends where ever you go...;)
    Repo called you in hahaha:waving:

16. 06HD BOSS

i wouldve been screwed the other day. my 2500 loaded with topsoil & bales of straw, towing a 2k trailer with 6k of machinery on it. best part is, the brakes decided to not work.

17. powerjoke

as she was getting her ticket book out, i said "boy that sure was nice of you guy's only giving me a warning.....see ya later"......as it turn's out, well i didnt get a warning lol

when se first pulled me over she said "do you know how heavy you are" ?.......i said nope but i bet you a 100dollar bill you'll tell me,......would you like a 100 dollar bill?" lol

18. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

may we ask what it cost you?

19. 06HD BOSS

that was my next question. :cool:

20. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

iv been on the scales to tune of 600