1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pre-strom Jitters???

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by millsaps118, Dec 20, 2006.

1. millsaps118

millsaps118 Senior Member

We are expecting our first snow to come this Friday!!! Possible 3"-6" after its done, the only down fall is that its going to rain first.

Do you ever experience the pre-storm jitters, being anxious and excited to the point where your like a kid on Xmas eve and can't sleep. All you can think about is going out and plowing. Wondering if your going to break down or have any problems. Where you should go first, how your going to work your route. How much snow to expect, and if your going to get your accounts done on time. I have these thought and images race through my mind the night before I am planning to go out and can't sleep! I get up every hour and look out the window to see if the snow has subsided and wonder if I should leave now or wait a little bit longer. I try to time it so that I get on my first job just as the snow starts to stop. Usually everything works out but I get so pumped up to get out there to PLOW!!!!

Who else can relate to this???? I hope I'm not the only one!

Last edited: Dec 20, 2006
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Dont worry....your not alone!!! ;)

3. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

The feeling wears off rather quickly actually. I haven't been excited about plowing snow for about the last three years. It's more of a headache anymore.

4. AlwaysGreener

AlwaysGreener Senior Member

The last storm we just had.. was good but....the calls that were flooding the office with are.1.you came to soon..2.are you coming soon...3.where are your guys.. and we were not the only company that was getting those calls..We like to push snow but the headaches that come with it make it not enjoyable..

5. Daner

Daner PlowSite.com Addict

Build yourself a snow gadge...set It outside your bed room window...sleep with one eye open;) ...when you get your trigger...Git out there and Giter done

6. lazerslicer

lazerslicer Member

I thought i was the only one......

Man i thought i was the only one that felt this way waking up all hours to look out the window lol. Wondering which ones to do first if my helpers will come in and so forth, but when its done i sit down and add up the money and i calm right down!!!!!!!!! Good to see someone else out there feels the same way........

7. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Before every storm I get full of energy and jitters. My biggest concern is breaking something. I go over everything over and over again. It is just really exciting, but sometimes a little stressful all at the same time for me.

8. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Wlcome to the club... after 18 years I sstil l get them!!

9. snowace

snowace Member

Not any more but i use to. I get to tired if i don't sleep a little

10. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

12 years in the business, i still get them also.. Will the trucks break, will the workers show up, will we get double what there saying etc, etc, etc, etc :eek: :eek:

11. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Usually can't sleep, constantly looking out the window...actually re-aranged my room this year to put my bed next to the window to make this even more tempting! Up going over my route over and over and over again, not like it's going to change!! And usually a few trips out to the truck throwing some other random thing in there that i think i may need for a second then never using!!!

Ive had the jitters since right after thanksgiving....can't even imagine how they'll be when the first real storm is close enough in the forecast to not be doubting that it is comming!