1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pre-snow plow pics

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Ruanolik, Feb 25, 2007.

1. Ruanolik

Ruanolik Member
    from Maine

A couple of shots of my plow and my brothers, last year when we got them installed.

chevyside.JPG

fordside.JPG

trucksfrnt.JPG

2. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

looks good.....any other shots from now a days??or any plowin pics?

3. Stuffdeer

Stuffdeer Senior Member

How does the F-150 hold that plow?

4. Fordistough

Fordistough Senior Member
    from USA

Which one is yours and which one is your borther's?

5. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

On the front of the truck as usual. lol j/k. I was wondering about that myself. Nice looking trucks.

6. Ruanolik

Ruanolik Member
    from Maine

I own the f150.
    The truck handles the plow well, I get 1 inch of drop, measured from ther center of the front wheel well, with the plow up, with 300lbs of balIest behind the rear wheels ( not including nearly 250lbs of tools in the box). I added a 2 inch leveling kit to the front end last weekend, but havent used the plow since then.

I added the leveling kit more to give me the look i wanted, rather than to adjust for the plow.

7. PORTER 05

PORTER 05 Senior Member

sick trucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....why did you get diffrent plows though??.....and not to bash you, just trying to help ,but any weight infront of the rear axle just contributes to the weight on the front axle, makeing it sag more...

8. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Nice looking trucks. How hard was it to install the leveling kit?

9. Stuffdeer

Stuffdeer Senior Member

Ah, Thats cool to know!
    Thanks

10. Fordistough

Fordistough Senior Member
    from USA

I think you lucked out better than your brother: Ford rather than GM, Blizzard rather than Boss, Lightbar rather than none, toolbox rather than no toolbox, ect...

11. Ruanolik

Ruanolik Member
    from Maine

The level kit went on pretty easy. Good instuctions and the right tools help alot.( impact wrench)
    The first one took over an hour, but the second one went on in 30 mins since I knew what to expect.

12. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

both trucks look really nice

13. KCB

KCB Senior Member

The Blizzard has a tighter curl than the Boss, I noticed. Nice looking trucks.

14. Blackwin

Blackwin Member

Here's a recent shot.

I disagree fordistough.

Boss plow still looks new. The blizzard is rusting. Plus the red matches my truck :)
    I prefer corner strobes to lightbars.
    I'll keep my dimondplate toneau-cover over a small toolbox. Pain to load tools into.

I looked at the F250 before I got the GMC, but the Ford dealer couldnt even come close to the pricing of the GMC at similar option levels. (SLT vs XLT) Plus the 5.4 was just tool little for that size of a truck.

GMC 031 (Small).jpg