1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pre-seasonal Fluid Change

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Daveyboy, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Daveyboy

Daveyboy Junior Member

Is there a filter to change/clean when changing the hydraulic fluid on the 810?

2. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

yes inside the tank one or two filters and dont for get the magnet on the pump

3. Daveyboy

Daveyboy Junior Member

thanks for the help, where is the magnet on the pump and is it called something else?

Thanks again!

4. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

If it has one it will usually be attached to the metal center plate on the pump section.

Be careful when pulling the reservoir off to not damage to oring or seal.

5. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

:DYou have to change your fluid?????? Just kidding, seems like most just overlook this:D

6. Daveyboy

Daveyboy Junior Member

HA! I'm just big on the preventative maintenance! I just bought the plow so I don't no the history of it. I think the oil is the cheapest thing you can do for your snow plow!!!! Lol.

7. ed salvatore

ed salvatore Member
    from boston

reservoir removal

Hi Jerre/everyone,

I have a 2005 800HD straight.

Is there an easy safe way to remove the plastic reservoir without damaging it?? I notice Jerre mentioned the O-rings, etc. Is the tank threaded, and screwed on, or snap locked in some way? I've been evacuating the reservoir only for fluid change, and have not flushed the lines. I know I should. Removal of the reservoir would simplify things.

For the first time last season, I used Fisher blue fluid, since nearest Blizzard guy is a drive. Now, for the first time since I bought the plow, I noticed a small leak when the plow is left sitting, strange????

Thanks
    Ed
    Boston

8. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

remove the 4 bolts using a 3/8 socket 1/4 drive rachet and slowly wiggle and pull the reservoir and watch for the o-ring on the manifold then remove the angle cyl hoses and move the a frame side to side

9. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Depending on how full the reservoir is you may see some leakage from the breather cap with fluid expansion. J

10. ed salvatore

ed salvatore Member
    from boston

Fluid Change

Thanks guys for the info!

Ed
    Boston

11. Lawnman883

Lawnman883 Member

What kind of fluid do you guys use? Mine used to have ATF in it but i evacuated the system and was thinking a full synthetic ATF for better low temp operation or real plow fluid. Any positives/negatives people have seen?
    Also if you use ATF what kind? i was looking at Mercon V, Dexron VI, and AFT+4 all were available synthetic.
    Thanks

12. purpleranger519

purpleranger519 Senior Member
    from Kansas

First thing I would do is get that ATF out of there. Then I would flush the entire system lines, angle rams, everything. Then I would put the Blizzard hydraulic fluid in it. It maintains its viscosity to temperatures as low as -60˚F and IMO OEM products are the way to go.