1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pre-season Service.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by CT18fireman, Sep 11, 2001.

1. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Well among the tragedy today I did continue to work. I started my pre-season work. I have two of my oldest Fishers and my Old Mild Steel Sander to sandblast and paint this week. New hoses were ordered for all the plows this year. I hope to get all the plows and sanders service this week so they can be moved inside. One truck will be fully rigged for snow by Oct 1. The rest will began to be serviced for winter at that time.
    Hard to get excited about winter with the nice weather here but it is just around the corner.
  2. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

You're right - dropped off my powerpack for an overhaul last Friday, and going to get new hoses made at the same time. Truck will be getting a "checkup" soon too.

While the weather is still nice out is a good time for touchup painting too!
  3. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

started making a list of parts needed. Already have about 20 items o order (including spare parts) I prefer buying them now and being organized so that repairs are easy at 2am in Jan.