1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pre Minute-Mount Fisher Plow Pics!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Fordistough, Dec 15, 2006.

1. Fordistough

Fordistough Senior Member
    from USA

Old pre-Minute Mount Fisher plows! This means the Fisher Speedcast! PICS!!!!

-Thann

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

we in new england are getting VERY bored without snow.....we must have every possible different pic thread up right now!!

wish i had pics of the old chevy i first learned to plow in when i was 8....speedcaster on that baby!! truck and plow still plow today, just with a different owner....

3. Fordistough

from USA

The Speedcast has to be my favorite plow ever.

4. Jpocket

Jpocket Senior Member

Yea I wish I had one of these set ups, they just look like the toughest of them all. the mounts look like the ones the towns/DOT uses.

5. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

Like this one?

This was/is mounted on a 1984 K3500 which had 25k original miles on it in 2002.Had a cab fire early in its life...

Chevy School.jpg

6. Chevytruck85

Chevytruck85 Senior Member

hear is a pic of my old fisher.

100_0451.jpg

7. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

WOW, VERY clean plow there. Nice restoration work!

8. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

My old Dodge, with pump driven fisher.

Quad and truck pics 00707 (Custom).jpg

9. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Not really close ups, but Here

Blue is 94 Chev with 7.5 fisher, was one of the last bolt on conventicals sold in Toronto.
    Green is 93 GMC 6.5 diesel, has 8 foot fisher, but thats just a picture of the truck side.
    And Black on in background is 85 chev, with a 8 foot meyers.

all three underhood belt pump and cable valve body control.

94 Chev On Road, With Plow (85 Chev, With plow,  behind)(2)edit.JPG

93 GMC  With Trailer, Without Plow(2)edit.JPG

10. murray83

murray83 Senior Member

Nice trucks Bruce'sEx,I love the pre 1999 GM work trucks with Fisher blades.

Also nice to see you don't dress your trucks up like RCMP cruisers with lights galore :rolleyes: nice simple work trucks :nod:

11. Whalerguy

Whalerguy Junior Member

12. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Always liked the conventional mount. Had a brush guard custom made for the plowframe in summer to accommodate the hardwired lights on my 1993 GMC (pics to follow)

13. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

93 GMC with 7.5' Fisher

My first truck

GMC93.jpg

14. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Yeah conventional always looked good to me

Last edited: Dec 18, 2006
  15. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Thanks.

Thats what they are, thats how we'll always treat them. Nothing fancy, but looked after. and kept well working.

16. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Here is the last Fisher Conventional We have going. Although I do have some older complete setups and am eying a 84 Chevy for a project.

This one is a 92 4x4
    Custom Dumping Flatbed
    Rear Air Bags
    Snoway 6ft Stainless Electric Spreader
    7Ft Fisher With Electric Clutch Belt Drive (Also lifts the bed)

I will get another shot when we mount the plow.

Believe it or not this is my main driveway truck and it makes more then the F550 and F350 doing commercial per hour.

Toyota 001.jpg

17. Fordistough

from USA

Flipper On that Toyota, do I see that you have put a trailer hitch reciever on the front end? I have always wanted to do that, could you get some closeups and under neath pics, please?

18. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Yeah I will take a closer picture.

I did it to push the log splitter around but we end up moving a lot of trailers around that way. Also use it with the lift for a small carrier for my plate compactor and other things.

I was going to better brace it back to set up a winch. but I ended up giving it to my brother for his Jeep.

19. Bigblue250

Bigblue250 Member

I wish I had pix of my old 65' F-100 with what I think was one of the original Speedcast plows on it. Man that old truck was a beast, a 300 six cylinder with a 4 speed and old bias ply snow tires.The epitomy of a NE truck.

20. rtm038

rtm038 Senior Member
    from NJ

Best truck I ever plowed with was a 1991 Dodge W250 Cummins Reg. Cab with an 8' conventional Speed Caster electric/hydro with a sno-foil. Not the most comfortable truck, but it was a beast and the Fisher was built like a rock.