1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pre-heat light stays on after I start it

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by dale345, Dec 1, 2011.

1. dale345

dale345 Junior Member
    from pa

Hi guys, I have a 06 3500 with the 5.9 cummins diesel. The problem is in the morning when i go to start it and turn the key on for the preheater, it stays on after i start it and will not go out. It came on the other day going down the road and it still on. Any ideals what it is, before i go to the garage and get ripped off.

Thank in advance Dale
  2. UglyTruck

UglyTruck Senior Member

have you checked the fuses? it seems that someone told me once that it would come on and stay on when the fuse to that circuit was blown. I may be remembering wrong.
  3. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

The grid heater is run by relays. If it comes on after 2 minutes or at a speed over 20 mph it could cause trouble. I would get it checked as soon as possible, if it happens outside these parameters.