1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pre dd 810 drifts left when driving

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by SGSMAN, Jan 5, 2015.

1. SGSMAN

SGSMAN Junior Member

It was made in 07
    Drifts left when driving and pushing snow.any ideas?

2. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

Fluid is escaping from the left hand cylinder. The question is: where is it going?

I will assume that you are not having to add fluid to the plow regularly and that there is no sign of the plow leaking fluid.

To eliminate the left hand angle cylinder itself as the problem, remove the hose at the cylinder and cap off both the hose and the cylinder with a 3/8" JIC plug and cap. Check to see if the problem remains by raising the plow and pushing on the driver side with one or two people. The plow should not give and should not sink back like you experienced. If it does, the cylinder is the problem and should be replaced.

The next thing to check is the S4 coil and valve for the angle right function. Reattach the hose to the left hand angle cylinder. Again push on the driver side of the plow to confirm the problem is still present. If it is, remove the coil from the S4 valve and push on the plow again. If the problem went away, the cause is electrical. If the problem did not go away, release the pressure on the left hand angle cylinder by cracking the line to release the pressure and retighten. Remove the S4 valve and inspect and test it. (I suspect this to be your problem) The valve should be clear of debris and the inner portion of the valve should move about 1/8" - 3/16". If the valve is damaged, try to observe why. If there is debris in the valve, where did it come from? Hint: It is usually coming from the cylinder that the valve operates. If valve is ok, reinstall it and the coil.

The final hydraulic component to check is the angle relief valve, RV5. Remove the valve and inspect it for damaged o-rings or debris.

Good luck!

3. ctbman

ctbman Member

Thanks for the reply Mike.its not losing fluid.is the angle relief valve adjustable? I am going to check the valve and coil tomorrow I do have spare coils if that is the problem.

4. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

No. It is not.