1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Praire Truck Sales?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Township1, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Township1

Township1 Member

Has anyone ever had any dealings with Praire Truck Sales. We are looking at buying a tandem off of them. any feedback?
  2. gd8boltman

gd8boltman Senior Member

If it is the one in WIsconsin, then yes.

some local municipalities around me have bought from them, and they seemed to be very happy the way they were treated. They seem to have a niche in Southern units which have little or no rust.
  3. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

I think they are a little pricey.
  4. snowman5313

snowman5313 Member

My old boss bought a few trucks from them over the years. Its been 5 years since he bought a used one but like he said "make sure you know what your buying, new paint looks nice broke down on the side of the road." Personally I thought there prices are a little high but wheel and deal with them. It does seem like they have lots of ads on craigslist for labors and mechanics. So make sure its running and not rigged together just to get it out the door.