1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Powerstroke turbo back exhaust

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by james.j.smith, Mar 20, 2012.

1. james.j.smith

james.j.smith Senior Member
    from 19033

I am looking into getting a power stroke diesel the years of the trucks I'm looking at are 2004 and below due to price. I live in PA, are the turbo back systems legal for emissions testing? do the do emissions testing on diesel engine? Am I required to have a cat and muffler for inspection/emissions?
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Tuff couple of questions. I know for a fact that pre2007 are not required for emissions. Now what does PA require for pre07s, idk. In indiana, they just make sure its a diesel and send you on your way. No inspection required. I would ask around and see what other non emission guys do with theres. As far as the years your looking at, 2004 was the 2nd year for the 6.0. Imo they arent the best engines, but others like the heck outta them. Imo i would try for a 7.3 which would put you at a 03-99.5 years.
  3. mustangman02232

mustangman02232 Senior Member

Most leave the option to keep the cat and muffler, I deleted both and it's just way to loud.

Make sure you do some reading on what to look for while buying a 6.0
  4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Why don't you stop by your friendly inspection station and ask them? I don't think "The guys on the interweb told me I could do this" will be much defense if you don't pass.