1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

powerstroke power steering

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by chris wickson, Feb 8, 2005.

1. chris wickson

chris wickson Junior Member

Just some advice for Ford Powerstroke owners with a 2002 F-350.
    If your truck has the hydro-boost brake system(brake boost comes from power steering pump), check if the hydro-boost pressure hose running from the power steering pump to the passenger side of brake booster rubs along the inside of the drivers side shock mount. Mine did, and the metal wore right through it and the hose blew. The hose on our second 350 is showing signs of wear too, so we are replacing it.

It was inevetable because the hose was installed tight against the mount. Most small dealers had to order the hose, except for the heavy duty truck ford garage which had several. Maybe ford knows something? When I installed the new hose, it was easy enough to turn the metal portion of the line and allow the hose to rest off the mount. I still sleeved it with another split of hose which seems to help. Hope this may save someone the same trouble.