1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Powerstokes??

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Waterchikn, Mar 13, 2003.

1. Waterchikn

Waterchikn Senior Member

Well, this may be a weird question, and I am sure if I did more research other than this site, I could probably find the info. But with such informative people here on plowsite, I thought I would just ask here.
    What are the major differences between the 1999 powerstroke and say a 2001-2002 powerstroke. I know the new 6.0 is WAY different. I am just wondering if they made any major improvements between these years with the motor or Trans. I have heard that the 1999 trans isn't as good as the 2000 and up. But I don't know what the difference is. Any help is GREATLY appreciated and thanx in advance.

2. wyldman

wyldman Member

Here is a link with some of the info,I'm sure others will chime in with more.

Specs

3. Waterchikn

Waterchikn Senior Member

That is an awesome site. I like those specs and how they show the recalls and the like. Thanks again. Hated to take up space with a new thread, but I am sure some of you can tell me the differences that you noticed in real world applications.

4. ADLAWNCUTTERS

ADLAWNCUTTERS Senior Member

well i have 3 psd a 99,01,02 i can tell you after plowing for over 20 years nothing beats a diesel. my oldest diesel is louder than my 2002, the power and the feel is about the same .ive seen and head the new 6.0 diesel and it is nice and quite and the tranny shifts better. if i had to choose i would go with the 7.3 diesel becuase the parts are more plenty if needed.they still have to work out the small bugs and faulty sensors from the new diesel.i would buy either one ,who ever gives you the best deal . most important buy the diesel .i know it's 5,000 more but it's worth it.