1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Powerstoke Troubles.

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by chrisd, Mar 4, 2006.

1. chrisd

chrisd Member
    from buffalo

I Just Had My Powerstroke Reprogrammed By The Dealer For The Recall. I Noticed A Vibration Within The Motor Between 1000-2000 Rpm's, Whether It Is Idling, Or Driving With It. The Dealer Says It's The Turbo Pedestal. I Don't Know How This Could Be Related, Has Anyone Ever Heard Of This??? The Other Thing I Noticed For The First Time Is The Clutch Fan Has Been Coming On, And Generally You Get The Same Type Of Vibration. I Had The Truck For Two Years And Never Heard It Come On. While The Dealer Had The Truck They Also Reprogrammed The Transmission Because In Tow/haul It Had Very Hard Upshifts And Downshifts. It Is Like Driving A New Truck.

2. Travel'n Trees

Travel'n Trees Member

That is another reason to go to a duramax!!

3. Fordistough

Fordistough Senior Member
    from USA

The duracrapx is nothing compared to the Mighty Powertroke.

-Thann

4. douglasl330

douglasl330 Senior Member

Ooh ooh! its going to start!(Brand Wars) Is the truck running hotter? I cant believe it's the turbo pedestal making the vibration---Anything is possible--I would search a diesel forum for an answer to your questions--other than those two problems your happy?

5. Shortys Beast

Shortys Beast Junior Member

Power stoke are powerful when the dealer play with them it cost us money all the time. I own two diesel 1995,2000 both 7.3 my clutch fan when i heard it was when the motor was working hard- going up hills- towing- carrying heavy loads, they reprogram it. Then my transmission shifted hard, they put a new pump in back to normal. Get to now someone inside the dealer ship on a friend ship level so that u can trust him to tell you the truth about what going on with your truck, other wise they will create more headache for you them take your money. I also spend alot of time on dieselmann`s page i like to do most of all of my work.

6. Travel'n Trees

Travel'n Trees Member

Mighty lot of TSD bulletins 348. I have both and you are only strokin yourself.

7. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

thank you for sharing in the ford truck discussion forum.
    there was a TSB on turbo moan/droan that was caused by the turbo pedestal.

8. Travel'n Trees

Travel'n Trees Member

Sorry but I have both. You??

9. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Check this site out. It lists almost all the TSB's, SSM's and recalls on the 6.0's.

http://www.intellidog.com/dieselmann/60bulletin.htm

This way when you go to the dealer, you can tell them where to look for the problem instead of them spending hours if not days trying to figure it out.

10. Travel'n Trees

Travel'n Trees Member

Ford should be closed down look at the escape frames and the f-150 frames, they just cut to many corners.

11. chrisd

chrisd Member
    from buffalo

Just Got The Truck Back From The Dealership Last Night.
    The Vibration Was From The Our Repair Shop, (not The Dealership) Not Draining The Oil Before Adding New During The Last Oil Change 1 Week Ago. The Truck Had 30 Qrts Of Oil In It. Basically It Seemed Like The Reprgramming Didn't Help Anything But That Was Because The Performance Was Affected By The 30 Extra Qrts Of Oil. Needless To Say They Won't Be Performing Service For Our Company Again. After Getting It Back From The Dealership It Runs Like A New Truck, Plenty Of Power And The Fuel Mileage Seems Better. The Reprograming Did Help It.

12. Fordistough

Fordistough Senior Member
    from USA

There is nothing wrong with the frames on the F-150 and Escape.

-Thann

13. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Better make sure that wasn't from fuel getting into the crankcase instead of not being drain. If you have a bad injector(s) this can happen as well. And this has happened to many 6.0's.

I'd keep an eye on it. After running it for a bit, pull the dipstick and check if there is a diesel odor from the oil.

14. chrisd

chrisd Member
    from buffalo

I Thought It Was The Injectors, But If The Truck Holds 15 Qrts And The Repair Shop Put In 10 Qrts And Said It Was Full, And The Dealer Drained About 10 Qrts To Level The Oil Out There Is Only 1 Explanation As To Waht Happened. Besides If In 4 Days And Only 150miles If The Truck Dumped 10 Qrts Of Diesel Into The Motor Any Mechanic Would See It.. Especially In The Oil You Would See And Smell The Diesel In It. That Was My First Question To The Dealer Do I Have Bad Injectors. In My First Thread I Didn't Explain It Was Only 10 Qrts Over And That Was How Much The Repair Shop Put In There. Thanks For The Advice. I Hope There Isn't Any Engine Damage Seals Etc.