1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

power's still out from ice storm

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DanG, Apr 7, 2003.

1. DanG

DanG Senior Member

People around me still are without power. The side street next to me still is out since saturday night.My next door neighbor is running a lead cord from my house to his to power his freezer and to run his furnace to keep the house warm.
    The street that he's on and where i live are on two different transformers and from what i've heard they had a tree land on the feed line to theirs and still haven't fixed it as of monday night(tonight)

2. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

Hey All..........power finally back on in Hannibal
    NY....Most of Oswego county.............
    Now its snowing to beat the band...a bunch
    on the ground ! Thats cool plow on........Geo
  3. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

Hey Dan,

This noon I drove by the "Route Fore" golfing range and saw NiMo crews working on those high tension power lines. Not sure if that is the line that feeds power to the neighbors around you. Stopped by at Home Depot across your house and they have power. I saw four yellow utility trucks working right near you. I guess they were working on it too.

Hope you like your toolbox. Last Friday the weather was not too bad for my area although I did receive 1/3" of ice, but the county plows did a good job clearing the road. No power outage. Things went fine.