1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Powerplow or Wide-Out?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by drivefaster35, Dec 1, 2009.

1. drivefaster35

drivefaster35 Member
    from iowa

I'm fairly new to the plowing business just starting in it last year. I'm looking to buy another truck to plow with either this year or next. Chances are it will be a dodge 2500 or 3500 with a 5,9 Diesel. I readlly like the Blizzards Powerplow and Westerns Wide-Out they seem extremly productive and nice. The possitive sie of the Westen is I have a local dealer that I can go strait to if I hav any problems versus the Blizzard dealer is about an hour away was wondering f anybody had any advice for either one or has compared them. Any suggestion would be awesome. Zach
  2. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

there made by the same company go with the western.
  3. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

Yep, what he said.
  4. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Neither, get a V plow. :popcorn:
  5. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

still way different plows besides the extension wings... wait they are different also. Ok so they have the same concept, but not the same just because "they are made by the same company". Thats like saying Gillette and Johnson and Johnson make the same products just because they are both owned by Proctor and Gamble.
  6. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

this is true but. if there is a western dealer closer to you and the products are relatively similar. I would go with the western. Because the last thing you want is to Have a broken plow in the middle of a storm with the only place to get the RIGHT part you need 50 miles away..
  7. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

Welcome to Plow Site!
    Which ever is closer and really wants your business. Some dealers are A-Holes. Check on which plow your truck can handle. If you by a new plow, they my not enstall it on your truck because the Diesel is too heavy. There are a lot of stories about that here on Plow Site. Good Luck
  8. drivefaster35

drivefaster35 Member
    from iowa

If the plow is to heavy having a diesel is their anything I can do to beef up the front such as new springs or something to prevent this problem? And was just curious if anybody has priced a new wide-out plow lately?
  9. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

I'm not sure, but I would think the springs and air bags would help. The main thing would be to convince the plow dealer that it can handle it or loose the warranty. Some how you would have to change the rating of the grose vehicle weight carring abilities. I'm sure others on Plow Site will know how to do it.
  10. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

What about a Fisher XLS...... boils down to dealer support...What dealers are close to you and how they treat you...Go talk to the dealers close to you.Get a feeling how they are.