1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Powerlite 325 Idles too high

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Snaaar, Sep 19, 2007.

1. Snaaar

Snaaar Member

Hi. I own four of these snowblowers. Spring 2006 we ran them out of fuel for storage, but fall 2006 had to pay to have 2 worked on (carb problems). Anyway, upon firing them up last week for pre-season maintenance, we found that one starts OK but idles extremely fast and loud - can't be good. Do you have any idea what could be causing the problem? The others run fine right now.

2. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

before you adjust the carb i'd make sure the linkage and thottle cable was working freely

3. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

Just make sure it's got plenty of oil and be thankful for the additional rpm's.

;)

Unless it's on idle only then it's some adjustment or another.

4. Snaaar

Snaaar Member

I don't think these blowers features any throttle control: only on/off switch and a three-position choke. They just run at a specific "idle" speed - if you need to walk away from these suckers you need to turn them off because the business parts keep spinning. I was hoping someone had specific experience with this same problem. I can usually repair my own breakdowns, except have never had a carb apart before.