1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Powerless Joystick problem

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by RayCoulombe, Dec 15, 2008.

1. RayCoulombe

RayCoulombe Junior Member

Is it possible that the joystick control gets power from one of the small solenoid terminals? If it does, would a bad solenoid prevent the joystick from receiving power? I don't see any other place that the joystick is connected. Any help please and thanks.
    Ray

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Depending on what harness you have depends on where you get power. But if you stick you head up ( no i wasnt going to tell you to do that) under the dash you should see a red wire that jumps out of the harness, that should be run to a keyed hot

3. John Rambo

John Rambo Junior Member

"under the dash you should see a red wire that jumps out of the harness, that should be run to a keyed hot"

I'm trying to figure out where that red wire goes. Do you think you could explain what I need to do w/ it? Thanks in advance for any help.

4. Crash935

What year and make truck?

5. John Rambo

John Rambo Junior Member

'97 F150 4x4

6. Crash935

Easiest thing to do with that truck is to go right to the fuse box and find a keyed hot fuse (heater fuse works just fine) . You can pick up "fuse taps" at the auto parts store, slids over the end of the fuse and has a male terminal that you can put a female terminal connector onto.

7. John Rambo

John Rambo Junior Member

Youre the man. I appreciate your help. Do you by chance know which fuse is my heater fuse, or how I can find it?

8. Crash935

If your lucky, when you pull the cover off the fuse panel there will be a sticker on the inside of the cover.

9. John Rambo

John Rambo Junior Member

yeah, I wasn't so lucky, but I'm thumbing thru my manuals to see what i can find. I think I get the idea though, thanks alot.

10. Crash935

It should be in your manual, if not, turn the key on along with the heater and start pulling fuses, there arent that many in there so it shouldnt take to long to find it.

11. John Rambo

John Rambo Junior Member

The manual doesnt say "heater," so is the "I/P Blower Relay" the same thing? If not, am I pulling fuses till the blower shuts off? thanks