1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Power XT 8.2 option

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by greyst1, Oct 14, 2010.

1. greyst1

greyst1 Member
    from 44720

Thinking about a boss v xt plow. Can you add a back drag & deflector? Also, how does the return work, is it spring assisted or controlled?
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Either aftermarket or OEM Boss deflectors are available, you'll find aftermarkets less expensive. Back drag edge is available too but only in the aftermarket. Wing return method is via spring but "controllable" too. Just release the button when it gets to where you want it. :D
  3. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

When you say return, what return are you talking about? Are you thinking of the return on the blade when it trips, or the path an individual wing takes when it returns to a position?
  4. chitown sparky

chitown sparky Senior Member

I have back drag blades on my 8'2" VXT and they were 175 from backdraggblade.com I think that was the web site hope it helps
  5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I made my own deflector for less then $100.
    got belting and metal from a local tractor supply co