1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Power window not operating

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by moose, Apr 8, 2003.

1. moose

moose Junior Member

After sitting for a couple weeks the drivers side power window wont work . It has always been slow and hasent worked in really cold weather. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

2. gslam88

gslam88 Senior Member

Moose,

Its probably the motor or gears that are worn out.... what year truck?

Pete

3. maudeb

maudeb Junior Member
    from 36279

maybe a broken wire loose connectin blown fuse or all the above start at fuse panel and work your way through door till you find the problem

4. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

9 times out of 10, the problem is the window motor. With the key ON and you holding the power window switch in the position you are trying to get the window to go, give the bottom of the door panel a couple good whacks with the side of your fist. Sometimes this will get it to work again. The only reason Im leaning towards the window motor is cause you said the truck sat for a while, then wouldnt work. I had a lady customer with a 93 Cougar XR7 and her passenger window wouldnt open, it was stuck closed. What I did was put her interior light on and just kept watching it while I pushed the window switch down, you could see the interior light get slightly dimmer, meaning the motor was pulling juice. So if the motor is getting juice to it and not working, you got yourself a bad motor. Mike

5. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Are you sure they are power windows?:D cause i don't care how hard you push the door lock button,it ain't gonna lower your window:realmad: ,just kiddin:waving:

Hey Mike,that was a rather informative post you made,see,i knew you had something to contribute:drinkup:

6. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

Finally, Mike made a post that is not related to Meyer plow! :D :drinkup: UNLESS it is a Meyer motor! :realmad:

:D

7. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Yea, now that I read it myself, that was a really good post, hehehe. :drinkup: Mike :waving:

8. Team_Yamaha

Team_Yamaha Senior Member

A buddy of mine just had the same thing happen on his 2000 GMC 2500. He rolled down the window and it won't go back up, so he called me too look at it. I took the the switch out looked for disconnected wires, then took of the door panel jumped power wires to the motor and that worked. So i figured it must be the switch, but before I got a new switch I decided to try the old "if all else fails hit it harder" route. Took a screw driver and hit the switch a good one, and too my surprice, it worked. This happened almost a year ago without missing a beat. Might be worth triing it, hitting stuff doesn't solve all things, but does work once it a while :D